Author Topic: Manasquan Fluking 7-30  (Read 1389 times)

Offline djtdmd

• Vessel "SCORPIO"
Manasquan Fluking 7-30
« on: July 31, 2008, 12:48:30 AM »
Got a late start today, out of the Manasquan Inlet at around 1pm. Headed north to off Spring Lake, 50 ft water. Dad and I fished combo of whole squid/ sand eel & live keeli/ strip of squid. Nada after 45 min, saw Norma K 3 go by, followed her up to off the Red Brick Church in 60 ft of water, where at 2pm there were 8-10 boats. Same results, I watched the Norma K for 15 minutes in my boredom and not a single fluke was netted. We were right next to her, and I guess there were 20- 25 people on my side that did zilch for 15-20 minutes. We switched some rigs/lures around- got a large sandshark and a small throwback sea-bass.after over an hour there, we went closer to coast, where several boats were working the lumps off the Red Brick Church. Apparantly, we got too close to the lobster pots and snagged some lines. After 2.5 hours of no fluke, a sandshark and a throwback bass, we headed back. There was a consistant SW wind, 2-3 ft seas- pretty nice day. Any comments from anyone working this area at the same time today, or this area's fluking results today in general? Is this year's fluking that lame or is it me? Been fishing for 35 years since a kid, my Dad for the same, he is an experienced fluker. Never seen it this slow- Dad remembers the days in the 70's when he went to the RBC and would get so many fluke, he's have to come in just because he didn't feel like cleaning 20 fish. Boy how things have changed. Any comments about today's fluking or this season in general would be appreciated. Thanks!

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
Re: Manasquan Fluking 7-30
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2008, 07:12:51 AM »
Still better then going to work.
I was in by 0600 worked the desk till 1700
Did manage to check the web site a few times.
Sounds to me like you had the better day.
Thanks for the report. t^
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

Offline rossg

« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2008, 07:21:21 AM »
I have bee having the same results.THE WATER IS STILL COLD.THE only guy catching any decent size fish is my son working a bucktail in 70ft of water but not yet as consistent as last year.Go deeper.Work the structure as the draggers are out there already
Fish a bucktail with a teaser about a foot up

I found this to be the best rig
Ross
The Lady J
Belmar NJ

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2008, 07:24:07 AM »
This fluke season has been a bust for the most part. The water temperature has been in the 50s and 60 most of the season. South wind does not help the cause, and it has been blowing south since I don't remember when.

I was out this past Saturday, Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Did better this week than in the past. The water temperature was in the low 70s. I believe that accounted for the better catchs. I don't know what the temps were when you were out yesterday.

From what I have experienced, the fluke bite was in the morning this week. In the afternoon, the bite seemed to have shut down some.

I don't think you are doing a thing wrong. Just the conditions not cooperating this year. Keep at it and you will get yours.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Reel Class

• Sponsor
    • Reel Class website
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2008, 07:28:05 AM »
Its been tough.. The best catches we've been having are on rough bottom and putting lots of time in... Our best days, double digit catches and what not, have come on days where we put in over 8 hours, and really fishing hard.

Not for nothing, but there are tons of fluke in the rivers and bays...  Not much on the beaches, and some offshore..  Its just been a weird season, but it has been rewarding if you put your time in.

Capt Allen
Reel Class Charters
Point Pleasant, NJ
www.reelclassfishing.com
(201)248-5281

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-