Author Topic: fishing thurs 9/11  (Read 5280 times)

Offline DAK

fishing thurs 9/11
« on: September 10, 2008, 02:04:30 PM »
Wow, just realized tomorrow is the aniversary. We must never, ever forget, because the enemy will never stop trying to kill us.

Anyhoo, gonna try to get out evening/night maybe around the AC inlet if anyone is interested. Also gonna give my cast net a try for the first time - should be hilarious... rofla
This boy is about as sharp as a sack of wet mice...

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Re: fishing thurs 9/11
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2008, 02:11:31 PM »
good luck
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #2 on: September 10, 2008, 05:21:07 PM »
Good luck I might try as well.

I can remember it like it was yesterday.  I took my daughter over to Ortley Beach and we sat on the top stairs and looking out at the ocean, it was a beautiful day, and telling her what just happened.  You could see the smoke from the Towers.  Sad thing as we both had tears in our eyes.  I hope I never have to do that again.
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: September 10, 2008, 05:34:51 PM »
Good luck DAK. Catch em up.  t^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Rick,stillcasting

« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2008, 09:26:45 AM »
good luck w/ the net,, try making a video so we can watch and laugh,,laughter is good,, reports are that the little fishes are on the move,, this is good lets hope they have lots of partners chasing their tails!I'll also be hitting the beach late noon into night today many miles north of you,, hope I can report a some run-offs.
Where does the time go?  9/11,,,,7 years, lets pray no negative statement today.

Offline DAK

« Reply #5 on: September 12, 2008, 11:24:52 AM »
Weell, I didn't give myself enough time to do any netting, but there was lots of bait in the water. Water was pretty warm and dirty. Fished from the top of the tide (see Flea, the outgoing AGAIN!). Basically, I got molested by sea bass. A few were pretty big (what's the reg's on them?). Also got a few decent flounder under the bridge just before sunset. Needed a few cold ones when I got home to ease the pain of the holes in my hand from the dorsal spines of those little monsters!

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2008, 11:30:22 AM »
Nice report.  Sounds like a good day of fishing! t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 12, 2008, 12:45:02 PM »
Great report and nice catch!  Seabass are 12" minimum with 25 fish limit. 

TT^

Offline SeaFlea

• Whenever I can!!
« Reply #8 on: September 12, 2008, 04:01:22 PM »
Hey dak... not fer nuthin' but did you think to look at a tide table before you ventured out?
 rofla

Just heard from an old fishing partner... we're gonna hit the north end of LBI on the back side on Sunday, 14th. We're trying for a repeat of the activity found a couple weeks ago.  Meeting at the 10th Street ramp at 5:30 AM to see what's shakin'.  If the wind is blowin' too hard we'll ease on back to Sunset and walk the path to the "False Hole".

Any and all are invited to attend the festivities...
Uh, dak, the tide's high at 7:27 AM so you should feel right at fishing the outgoing! >:D TT^

Offline DAK

« Reply #9 on: September 15, 2008, 12:25:53 PM »
Hey Flea, how'd ya do? This is the time of year for MH. I hope at least the traffic wasn't as bad as a couple weekends ago...

I was at corsons with the family, spent most of the time jumping and swimming in the water, but also got in a little yak fishing. Not much to report, some seabass, and got a HUGE strike right near one of the bridge supports - the kind that almost pulls the rod outta your hands - but no hookup.

What good are tide tables? They just tell me what I already know, that I will be fishing warm dirty water! I'm one of those that are directed by work and schedule to just head out when we can and let the conditions be what they be!

Offline SeaFlea

• Whenever I can!!
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2008, 10:06:22 AM »
dak, et al, the fishing was...  5hrug well, I guess it depends on what you're after on that day...  We were into weakies on the the second cast!  ;D Stayed on them all day!! Actually, they stayed on us; we found us a nice little hole, anchored up and just spent the morning catching weakies!  TT^ Later in the mornig, 'bout 10:30 we were bein' pestered by 4" seabass and 3" blue fish. Honest-ta-gawd! I caught the bastage on a 1/4 Johnson spoon!  Too funny! The boat traffic, well away from us, was off the hook! I sure am glad no one showed any interest in us!!
I came away with 3 keepers for the day. GULP! 4" Simming Mullet in pink was the winner - again.  :-*

Offline DAK

« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2008, 11:28:32 AM »
Very nice Chal! t^ Isn't Myers a great area, trawlers notwhithstanding (how's that for a vocabulary word)?

I'm thinking of wreck inlet early early some morning - what's yer calendar looking like for the next month?

Offline SeaFlea

• Whenever I can!!
« Reply #12 on: September 16, 2008, 12:01:18 PM »
I really enjoy fishing there.. Word was out though; more stinkpots there than in previous weeks & they all wanted a piece of that hole on the north end of the sedge at the red can!

The wife & I are finally taking a vacation. Going to drive up to Maine and "tour" the coast line. Wife has created our itinerary; looks like a cool little trip! Leaving on Sun., 21st, returning on 28th...

Get in touch with Rob Robinson - I'm sure he can be coaxed into fishin' that stretch of water. Hell, he caught the keeper fluke there when we out during the summer! He might be able to show you a spot! rofla

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-