Author Topic: Dolphin abuse...  (Read 1551 times)

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
Dolphin abuse...
« on: September 19, 2008, 12:14:00 AM »
Well I had all intentions of fishing the mid morning run today as that seems like the time lately for a number of small bluefish blitzes in the Ortley and Seaside area.

Pulled up to 3 Ave and watched for a while and spotted a pod of Dolphin about 100 yards off the beach, there were about 7 of them.  Right before that the birds were working and you could see fish breaking in the same area.  When they came through and stayed about 1/2 an hour there were no birds and the bait fish scattered.

The majority of the guys packed it in and left.  But I did hear that there were striped bass being caught today in the park  but I can not confirm that.  I will have to stop by a couple of the shops tomorrow and find outr what is really going on.

This weekend looks like a blowout as the wind will be really ripping out of the E NE with gusts over 30, and  seas to around 9'.  This ought to be good if you like to fish in those conditions.  I might try it a little in the AM or till I get blown off the beach.

If you do venture out the bait of choice seems to be mullet and clams.  I have been using small AVA 17's with a white rubber tube and doing pretty good on the blues.  I guess it is a good match for the rain fish.

Happy Catching

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
Re: Dolphin abuse...
« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2008, 12:44:48 AM »
Those dolphins will clear house!  Nice to look at and interesting creatures, but boy do they stop any type of fishing cold!

I don't think I will be venturing out into the rough conditions the next few days, although, I do want to try my "new" hammy down reel!  However, I don't think it will be the best to try something new out.

TT^

Offline surfrocket

Re: Dolphin abuse...
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2008, 09:16:45 PM »
yeah dolphins deffinatly clear out any oppertunity for good fishing. they are great to watch,like you said but i would rather be catching.. ;)  sweet on the reel what is it.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-