Author Topic: Surf reports  (Read 2150 times)

Offline ed v

• Full Member of the Den
Surf reports
« on: October 27, 2008, 07:12:27 AM »
I haven't seen many reports from the surf fisherman here, mostly boats. Come on guys now is the time !!
Maybe a sticky in this thread for surf reports would help. I will report as soon as I catch something :'(
I did get a 23" bass in Lavalette on a teaser last week. Good luck.

Offline clamhead

Re: Surf reports
« Reply #1 on: October 27, 2008, 07:31:02 AM »
Absecon Island is looking slow. After speaking with a few guys at the T Jetty down through Longport, this past Friday, no one had anything good to say. One guy reported to land a 30 lb stripper off the Lincoln Place beach with clam & going tide. Ray's Dock and Tackle in Margate thinks the run has already been through and we missed the bus. Maybe the strippers stayed outside this year. Again !  ???

Offline SeaFlea

• Whenever I can!!
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2008, 08:30:52 AM »
I left the kayak in the garage on Sunday and took a drive up to Sandy Hook to fish with an old friend from the sand. We hit the north beach around 7:30am and saw a few fellows soaking clams... My friend and I were fishing chickenscratch jointed bombers; actually, we threw just about everything in the bags at 'em! The jointed bomber produced a 24" bass and a white bucktail teaser produced an 18"; the teaser was in front of that bomber. Although I was absolutely glad to get out and go fishing, two fish in four hours sure does seem like a labor of love... And, I guess in a way, it really was.
On the way out of the park I was glad I did leave the 'yak at home! The wave & wind action in the bay would have made for a rotten day of fishing in the widdle pwastic boat! Lots of white caps and 1' - 2' rollers spaced pretty close together, not exactly what a kayaking angler wants to fish in!!
Tight lines!!

Offline FINITALIA2

• 43.8lbs. 49in.
« Reply #3 on: October 27, 2008, 12:04:47 PM »
 t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: October 27, 2008, 02:47:04 PM »
Ed...there is an entire Surf Fisherman Forum with an IBSP Section and From the Surf.  Good amount of Surf Reports have come in.  Not a lot, but a decent amount, especially for the number of surf guys compared to the boat guys/gals.  A lot of them have been posted in the From the Suds as an ongoing thread!

I wasn't able to get out at all this weekend...and when I do, I never have much to report rofla rgmn!

Good luck when you get out and look forward to your posts!

TT^
« Last Edit: October 27, 2008, 03:04:12 PM by Pfishingruven »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: October 27, 2008, 02:53:20 PM »
Absecon Island is looking slow. After speaking with a few guys at the T Jetty down through Longport, this past Friday, no one had anything good to say. One guy reported to land a 30 lb stripper off the Lincoln Place beach with clam & going tide. Ray's Dock and Tackle in Margate thinks the run has already been through and we missed the bus. Maybe the strippers stayed outside this year. Again !  ???

I don't fish down that way Clam, but the surf fishing has been great up here.  Saturday and Sunday they had tons of weigh ins with probably 100's of bass caught over those couple of days.  It is certainly possible that the fish didn't or won't come in to the shore this year.  Yesterday and today the bait seemed to stay pretty far off the beach up here in Seaside/IBSP Area as well.  As for the Fall Run being over??  I don't think it has really fully started yet and I think a lot of the bass that were caught so far are from the storms causing them to feed on the clam beds...not directly related to the run.

I think we still need a week of steady lower temps to really get the run in full swing.  Then, hopefully, we will see heavy pods of mullet and bunker with fish able to be taken on mostly lures, not mostly clams. 

Here's to hoping and crossing my fingers!

TT^

Offline SharkHart

« Reply #6 on: October 27, 2008, 03:01:42 PM »

The rumors of the runs demise are greatly exagerated.  :)

Me and a friend took somewhere between 30-35 bass last night in the back bays of the area.   We also had many misses and lost alot.   Although there are fish out front, once you get past LBI it becomes a back bay affair.  The fish ranged from 15-29"   I have several guys that fish the area and these fish were not there until about friday and they got thicker last night.   Dont believe the hype ;)

Offline ed v

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #7 on: October 27, 2008, 07:28:10 PM »

Ed...there is an entire Surf Fisherman Forum with an IBSP Section and From the Surf.  Good amount of Surf Reports have come in.  Not a lot, but a decent amount, especially for the number of surf guys compared to the boat guys/gals.  A lot of them have been posted in the From the Suds as an ongoing thread!

I wasn't able to get out at all this weekend...and when I do, I never have much to report rofla rgmn!

Good luck when you get out and look forward to your posts!
 TT^

I have looked in there but it seems that most people post in this forum. Thanks for the reports guys. By the way, the fall run is definitely not over !!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #8 on: October 27, 2008, 07:29:55 PM »
A lot of them post them in the Conditions At IBSP thread.. t^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: October 27, 2008, 07:33:58 PM »
I left the kayak in the garage on Sunday and took a drive up to Sandy Hook to fish with an old friend from the sand. We hit the north beach around 7:30am and saw a few fellows soaking clams... My friend and I were fishing chickenscratch jointed bombers; actually, we threw just about everything in the bags at 'em! The jointed bomber produced a 24" bass and a white bucktail teaser produced an 18"; the teaser was in front of that bomber. Although I was absolutely glad to get out and go fishing, two fish in four hours sure does seem like a labor of love... And, I guess in a way, it really was.
On the way out of the park I was glad I did leave the 'yak at home! The wave & wind action in the bay would have made for a rotten day of fishing in the widdle pwastic boat! Lots of white caps and 1' - 2' rollers spaced pretty close together, not exactly what a kayaking angler wants to fish in!!
Tight lines!!

Nice Catch Sea Flea!  Wind was bad this weekend.  2 fish is a good day out...better odds than a lot of people...especially me hhppy!

TT^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-