Author Topic: Trolling Bunker Spoons  (Read 4240 times)

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Trolling Bunker Spoons
« on: October 28, 2008, 10:57:41 AM »
Heard on the radio this weekend Guys were picking up bass with these Spoons.

Do you guys like to use them and if so what has been your most productive technique?

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
Re: Trolling Bunker Spoons
« Reply #1 on: October 28, 2008, 03:58:20 PM »
Rod

Yes the TGT Spoons work great....I use the Bunker spoon and the smaller Herring Spoon.

I have had better luck in the fall with the Herring spoons.

Troll with wire and a 16 ft Florocarbon leader, and 50 lb Floro backing.

Depending on where i am at and what the fish are doingis where I troll in the water column.

Always troll one higher than the other to cover more of the column.

Remember wire rule is 1 ft in depth for every 10 ft in wire out, and don't forget to count the weight of your spoon in that equasion.

I have 8 ft rods that I troll with to get the most out of the action, the Herring spoon causes the rod to pump a tad less.

Good Luck

TT^

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: October 28, 2008, 04:22:49 PM »
Not that it helps you with trolling, but I have casting bunker spoons which look very similar all in silver and they have worked well in the past.  No luck with them since I started fishing again, but my even smaller freshwater spoons put some largemouths on the line as well!

TT^

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: October 28, 2008, 05:28:08 PM »
Rod, I use Penn 4/0 reels and they are work horses. Depending on location you can set up with 150 ft of wire and backing or 300 ft wire and backing. These spoons work good as well as the all white spoons .  t^

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #4 on: October 28, 2008, 05:55:40 PM »
Rod, I use Penn 4/0 reels and they are work horses. Depending on location you can set up with 150 ft of wire and backing or 300 ft wire and backing. These spoons work good as well as the all white spoons .  t^

The only thing I'd add to that is to avoid aluminum spools.  The stainless wire can cause electrolysis when it comes in contact with the aluminum.  Penn sells that reel with either aluminum and a chrome over brass spool.  The current model with the brass spool is the 113H2SP.

Offline Still Running

• AKA-Rick(Dieselhp)
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
    • truck parts
« Reply #5 on: October 28, 2008, 06:28:53 PM »
Here are the spoons I use. As Capt Bob said troll two different depths. My reels have 1000' of wire on them with no backing. 1000' fills the reel. 50 lb leader. These spoons sink @ 1 1/2 feet for every 10 back.
Fishing Sandy Hook and anywhere I can get on a boat.

My biggest fear is when I die my wife sells all of my fishing tackle for what she thinks I paid for it!
Www.HNCTruckParts.com

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-