Author Topic: The cost of not having a NJ saltwater license  (Read 53705 times)

Offline CaptTB

• SSFFF
  • Sponsor
Re: The cost of not having a NJ saltwater license
« Reply #100 on: March 14, 2010, 09:25:51 PM »
IMHO.    Since this is a private forum ,mods can
make the TOS and do as they want . This is not America this is a web site. That being said Although I did not agree with Kensdock  he did present info (much discredited) to support his stance and opinions, and I do not believe he was rude or theatened anyone. He just had an opinion and did a fair job of trying to get the last word.....hence this thread not dieing on the vine. I am sure Kens view is shared by many other fisherman ( no matter if I think it's right or wrong). Will I be next if I disagree with anyone? Rod has a wonderful site here and I am proud to be a member and be among friends( even though we may have differentt politcal view) I truely believe If I was in need you guys would be there and I would do the same . This post is in no way meant to question Rods decisions on this site(it is his house and I am just a guest but I may do a little cut and paste the next time someone talks freedom or not having thier viove heard........rant is over let get back to the fishin

This is not the first site he has been banned from for the same reasons given by Irish.

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #101 on: March 14, 2010, 09:45:27 PM »
Kensdock was not released because of his opinion. Ken was released because he continued to push his agenda and had nothing to offer to defend his opinion. Now this is the important part...He continuously posted wrong information and when shown that it was wrong STILL posted the same wrong information.

Debate is good, as long as each side gives VALID information. When someone continues to provide false and misleading information that must be stopped.

I  think I read a few post about the economy getting worse and a plan to ban all fishing.  The facts prove other wise. ......................ok now somthing I am sure we can all agree on squid is way way way way better than Power bait ........lol   Let this weather clear and get fishin 

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #102 on: March 14, 2010, 09:47:47 PM »
 t^

Offline Great American Fisherman

« Reply #103 on: March 14, 2010, 09:51:59 PM »
Mr. Dock did the same thing on that other message board.  Either Mr. Dock has something to gain from NJ having a license or he likes to start trouble.  I will never know the real answer to that.  Its just like the guy from NOAA on the other board who supports the terrible regulations and belongs to a fishing message board, where you know 99.9% of the members do not like the regulations.  He gets offended if you oppose said regulations.  But he belongs to a message board where the members do not like the regulations.

How would you like to be in North Carolina and had to pay for a saltwater fishing license.  Ok, so in January you paid your fee.  Then at some point the government closed some access areas on the OBX.  And you paid for this?  Then in October you want to load up your Parker with fresh clams and get out there and try to get some sea bass.  No dice.  NOAA closes sea bass.  And you paid for this?  

I don't know what the party boats pay for to run their business.  Insurence.  Gas.  Slips.  Bait.  Line. Weights.  Fees to the government?  On and on.  Now you want these hard working American Family businesses to pay for a blanket saltwater fishing license so their customers do not have to.  Lets say the party boats had to buy this thing in 2010.  Ok, now pretend you are on Long Beach Island and its September 13, 2010.  We paid our fee so our customers do not have to.  What in God's name are we fishing for on September 13, 2010 and beyond until we get to November 16, 2010?   Our one blackfish?  Fight through the sea bass and hope to find porgy's?  Our ONE weakfish?   Maybe triggers?  I haven't caught a trigger in four years.

If it was just for me, to do my once a year try at surf fishing.........  Ok, here is my 15 bucks.  I've never caught anything from the beach, but I try on my vacation each year and I still fail.  Or I can go to the Barnegat Inlet and fish for blackfish and if I get a keeper, I will take it with me.  So in my mind that 15 bucks produced something for me.  But to make a boat pay 500 bucks or so and we look at September 13, 2010 and have nothing to fish for.......  then why did we pay it?  We have nothing to fish for.  

Our tax money pays for this wrong science.  Now, government wants more money from us to pay for more wrong science.  Thats two.  Now I give money to www.ssfff.net (gladly I might add) to pay for real and independant science.  So, now I HAVE to pay twice for bad information against my will and I willingly try to reverse that with a donation to www.ssfff.net.  

If you freshwater fish you pay a fee.  But I think I know why.  We have the Pequest and Hackettstown Hacheries.  They grow the fish that gets stocked in our lakes and rivers.  Correct me if I am wrong.  But I have seen those trucks dump trout in the North Branch, South Branch and Musconnetcong Rivers.  I spend more time than most at the NJ Shore.  I have yet to see a truck dumping Black Sea Bass, Summer Flounder and or Blackfish in our saltwater areas.  And isn't the Hook area losing a fishing access area?  Doesn't this sound like the OBX to you?

Did you see the damage at the AH Marina from this storm?  Would a saltwater fishing license pay to repair?  No, our tax money will pay for it.    

Delaware has a saltwater license.  Now lets pretend its September 13, 2010.  No sea bass.  But wait, I paid my fee, the boats paid there fee..........  We still have fluke to fish for.  Then in late September, we can fish for TEN blackfish at 14 inches.  We are going to be ok.  Not great, but we will be ok.  Not heard of access closures, unless I am wrong.  So things are not great, but ok.  In New Jersey?  Things are terrible.  September 13 2010 is not going to be a good day in NJ.  At least on Long Beach Island.  

So, the bottom line is.  Give me something to fish for and I will pay for my own if I have to.   Only if I have to.  

Sorry I went on like this but thank you for reading.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #104 on: March 14, 2010, 09:56:30 PM »
 t^   
I have yet to see a truck dumping Black Sea Bass, Summer Flounder and or Blackfish in our saltwater areas.

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #105 on: March 14, 2010, 10:19:46 PM »
GAF I too am against a njsl, maybe not for the same reasons as yourself but still against. I look at Florida as a  shining spot for SWL  and Ny as what can go wrong. It was Capt T B that informed me as to why a SWL is not right for Nj at this time and I now support his reasons and point more than the day I first heard them. I read in your post that you mention party boats. I was some what suprised when I first heard that the CapeMay Party and Charter Boat Assosiation supports a NJSWL.  Hopfully Capt TB can share some insight on this

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #106 on: October 19, 2011, 10:13:01 AM »

THE COST OF NOT HAVING A
SALT WATER FISHING LICENSE
TO THE PEOPLE OF NEW JERSEY AND THE SALT WATER FISHERMEN OF NEW JERSEY

150 Million in federal stimulus money

7 Salt water hatcheries

3,129 immediate construction jobs benefiting local economies near hatchery sites.

169 permanent green jobs in the form of biologists and other hatchery personnel.

Millions of dollars of New Jersey’s fair share of the Federal excise tax return.

40 million dollars annually in license fees to enhance New Jersey salt water fishing

Millions in lost tourist dollars

Well if you ask me its just another way the goverment controls our so called "frredom"
 Sounds like the politicians need  rasie's,bonuses and vacation's smk  so why not screw the working man. Hey Administrators  we need a middlefinger expressions icon cause the dude and his story deserve two of them.
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member

Online Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle
« Reply #108 on: October 19, 2011, 10:38:26 AM »
 o@ You did not just rehash this old thread! rgmn

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #109 on: October 19, 2011, 10:42:45 AM »
Oh yes he did!  hhppy
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #110 on: October 19, 2011, 10:47:08 AM »
I was just looking around the site and reading the old posts when i happen to come across this one..
Glad i wasnt a member then cause i wood of told this ********* **** ****** ****** **8  off and then i would of been removed. chrz

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #111 on: October 19, 2011, 06:43:35 PM »
Here we go again... rgmn fcp rgmn
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #112 on: October 19, 2011, 06:54:30 PM »
 ;D thud

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #113 on: October 19, 2011, 09:00:29 PM »
No No i swear TT^ hhppy

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #114 on: October 19, 2011, 09:37:57 PM »
Bring this up again and it's...
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #115 on: October 19, 2011, 11:31:44 PM »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #116 on: October 19, 2011, 11:52:17 PM »
 TT^
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-