Author Topic: New Jersey Saltwater Fishing License  (Read 20098 times)

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
Re: New Jersey Saltwater Fishing License
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2010, 08:26:09 PM »
 thud ::)

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2010, 09:17:45 PM »
I would say the majority of NJ anglers do not support the free registration bill. I called the Senator today. I do not support the free registry bill. I also sent this info. and more:

**** **** poll resulted in 68% supporting a NJ saltwater license. 50,000 members

********  poll resulted in 92% supporting a NJ saltwater license

New Jersey Marine fisheries council supported a NJ saltwater license with a 7-2 vote

Cape May co. Charter and party boat ass. voiced their support at the NJ council meeting (8000 members)

NJ federation of sportsmen's clubs {100,000 members} support a NJ saltwater license

CCA the largest angler ass.{100,000} members on the east coast support a saltwater license

Ben I saw you silly poll on the Bass Barn (yeah, I said it, Bass Barn) of your 5000 member quote, there were ONLY 201 who voted!!!!!!!!! WTF IS THAT??????? You give a 5000 member figure and only a handful voted!!! How the hell is that realistic?!?!?!?!?!?! OH yeah, you don't let facts get in the way of your decisions and posts/rants. Yes, I just looked at the pole, 137 yes votes and 64 no votes. BUT 4799 NON VOTERS!!!!!!!!! NOW THAT'S A FACT THAT YOU IGNORE. The ones who did not vote mearly ignored the poll as they knew it was a farce.

Do go ahead and boast about your figures. But in the future use honest figures and not made up figure.

As far as the other groups that you mentioned. I certainly would like to see if it the members who feel that way or if it the executive boards of them clubs. My money is on the exec board members and not the body.

Keep drinking the koo-aid.
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2010, 09:52:48 PM »
Oh silly me, I forgot to mention the wording of the poll also came into play with the way the guys voted.

How is this for an unbiased poll?

Given a choice would you buy a NJ saltwater license if the money was only used for the enhancement of NJ saltwater fishing?

That out of towner, is cut and paste directly from the poll. No words were change, nothing was altered.

I think a lot would vote for a license, IF A LICENSE IS INEVITABLE, if the money was to be ONLY used for the enhancement of fishing.

Offline Capt. Mac

• AKA Kens Dock
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2010, 09:49:35 AM »
Irishayes, It was a poll not a vote! It was a poll taken from a membership that includes all users of the saltwater fishing resource.

Remember it was a Poll not a vote. A good poll is an excellent way to determine how people will vote in a general election, who will buy a certain product or whatever. The universities have it down to a science. An accurate poll is one that would produce the same results if taken numerous times. To produce an accurate poll it must hit the intended group. Examples a poll on the best sport fish would be much more accurate if taken on the bass barn opposed to a women's bodybuilding site. A poll of a Cape May County Senators likelihood of being reelected taken in Cape May County would produce accurate results opposed to the poll being taken in Essex Co..

What percentage of the group must be polled for the poll to be recognize? Faileigh Dickinson University's poll on the last NJ Governor race contacted 694 New Jersey voters, we have 9,000,000 residents in NJ. The poll proved to be extremely accurate.

« Last Edit: December 04, 2010, 09:51:35 AM by Capt. Mac »

Offline njdiver

« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2010, 11:11:14 AM »
NJ Senate Environmental and Energy Committee

Senator Bob Smith - Chair
Legislative District 17

216 Stelton Road
Suite E-5
Piscataway, NJ 08854-3284

Phone: 732-752-0770
Fax: 732-752-1590

Email: SenBSmith@njleg.org
Official Website: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=53

Senator Robert M. Gordon  - Vice-Chair
Legislative District 38

14-25 Plaza Road
P.O. Box 398
Fair Lawn, NJ 07410

Phone: 201-703-9779
Fax: 201-703-8127

Email: SenGordon@njleg.org
Official Website: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=307

Senator Christopher "Kip" Bateman
Legislative District 16

36 East Main Street
Somerville, NJ 08876-2308

Phone: 908-526-3600
Fax: 908-707-4578

Email: SenBateman@njleg.org
Official Website: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=304

Senator James Beach
Legislative District 6

1916 Route 70 East
Suite 3
Cherry Hill, NJ 08003-2172

Phone: 856-489-3442
Fax: 856-489-4180

Email: SenBeach@njleg.org
Official Website: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=310

Senator Jennifer Beck
Legislative District 12

32 Monmouth Street
3rd Floor
Red Bank, NJ 07701

Phone: 732-933-1591
Fax: 732-933-1598

Email: SenBeck@njleg.org
Official Website: http://www.njleg.state.nj.us/members/BIO.asp?Leg=303

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2010, 02:58:06 PM »
Irishayes, It was a poll not a vote! It was a poll taken from a membership that includes all users of the saltwater fishing resource.

Remember it was a Poll not a vote. A good poll is an excellent way to determine how people will vote in a general election, who will buy a certain product or whatever. The universities have it down to a science. An accurate poll is one that would produce the same results if taken numerous times. To produce an accurate poll it must hit the intended group. Examples a poll on the best sport fish would be much more accurate if taken on the bass barn opposed to a women's bodybuilding site. A poll of a Cape May County Senators likelihood of being reelected taken in Cape May County would produce accurate results opposed to the poll being taken in Essex Co..

What percentage of the group must be polled for the poll to be recognize? Faileigh Dickinson University's poll on the last NJ Governor race contacted 694 New Jersey voters, we have 9,000,000 residents in NJ. The poll proved to be extremely accurate.

Dick, thanks for the lesson in political science. A poll, vote, whatever is only as good as the quality of the question. A loaded question will get you the answer that you are looking for.

How's this one:

If you have to option of pissing your pants one time or crapping your pants every day for the rest of your life, which one would you pick?

Pissing or crapping. I think most would pick pissing (although I know some who would chose the crapping  ;D) as the more favorable option in that scenario.

That, sir, is how your question was made. Given the evil of having a license, etc.

Has anyone else had enough of Capt Mac?

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2010, 04:38:37 PM »
 grtn

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2010, 04:53:04 PM »
 grtn

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2010, 05:00:03 PM »
 slt grtn

Offline Capt. Mac

• AKA Kens Dock
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2010, 05:17:16 PM »

Irishayes, I hope you have a better understanding of how a poll works. The poll question was thought to be clear enough by a political scientist for the poll to be honorable.  However maybe you need something a little easer to comprehend.

Choose one:

I would pay 15 dollars for a NJ license if the money was dedicated to enhance NJ fishing.

I would rather save the 15 dollars.

Is that clear enough for you?

Do you think our State Senators and fishing organizations should recognize the majority of fishermen?

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #30 on: December 04, 2010, 05:34:47 PM »
Quote from: Capt. Mac link=topic=19790.msg179619#ms

g179619 date=1291474175

Irishayes, I hope you have a better understanding of how a poll works. The poll question was thought to be clear enough by a political scientist for the poll to be honorable.  However maybe you need something a little easer to comprehend.

Choose one:

I would pay 15 dollars for a NJ license if the money was dedicated to enhance NJ fishing.

I would rather save the 15 dollars.

Is that clear enough for you?

Do you think our State Senators and fishing organizations should recognize the majority of fishermen?

I have sat back and read your posts and it is quite obvious that you have some agenda/or some axe to grind.

The issue at hand is simple:
A: pay $15 to a Federal Registry that puts the money in the general coffers and no fish,animal or sportsman will benefit

or

B; A no fee State registry (if our politicians get off there arse)

That is it end of story, no what ifs, maybes, because or I think.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #31 on: December 04, 2010, 05:40:08 PM »
.. Sorry Mac.  It's looking like your time here will be short lived again.  Maybe take you agenda over to a place that "Fisherman" actually agree with you. 

But I don't think there is such a place.. 5hrug

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #32 on: December 04, 2010, 05:56:15 PM »
Mac, chose an answer from my poll below.

1. You are a complete moron who can not apprehend what someone is saying.

2. You are too into yourself to care what someone else is saying.

That is my poll. Do you think it is a fair poll? Kind of insulting to you, don't you think? According to your reasoning the only thing that matters is how the participants responded. It doesn't matter how the poll was worded, But what ever answers you get, then that will be the absolute conclusion that is reached. If given a choice between #1 and #2 of my poll, which one do you choose? You see, this is how your poll was. Do you really think it is a proper way to hold a poll? I certainly don't.

When you have a poll and ask someone to chose between two evils it does not make the lesser evil any less evil. Just lesser than the other choice.

And to conclude the poll, you have to include the no opinions. Your poll had 201 responses and 4799 no opinions. That comes into play also. Or did the universities fail to address that part?

Now, let's put this to rest and perhaps you can post a report of the great fishing you are doing down in the Cape May area.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #33 on: December 04, 2010, 06:38:54 PM »

Now, let's put this to rest and perhaps you can post a report of the great fishing you are doing down in the Cape May area.

Now There is a Thought  t^

Offline Kenny

• Super Hero Member
  • My Fishing Buddie !
« Reply #34 on: December 04, 2010, 07:50:08 PM »
 thud I'm exhausted............................

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #35 on: December 04, 2010, 07:53:39 PM »
thud I'm exhausted............................

whs...

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #36 on: December 04, 2010, 11:26:35 PM »
Can we just get on with the inevitable???  >:(
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline rugman

• Super Hero Member
  • ARTY'S CARPET SERVICE
« Reply #37 on: December 05, 2010, 07:36:38 AM »
Man what is going on here? Looks like I need to handle this rgmn rgmn Take that!
Arty's Carpet Service.

For all your carpet needs RUGMAN7092@OPTONLINE.NET

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #38 on: December 05, 2010, 08:12:40 AM »
Can we just get on with the inevitable???  >:(

Death is inevitable, should we get on with that?  5hrug I think not.  :-*

Offline SurfJockey

• Super Hero Member
    • Facebook
« Reply #39 on: December 05, 2010, 10:42:53 AM »
Not sure how he can make these claims about helping the fishery, when the money won't even be going into the fishery.  :headscra:
IBSP #1-4150 NJBBA #4753 - Red 2007 Ford Explorer Sport-Trac

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-