Author Topic: UPDATE Atlantic highlands fuel has water in it . Picture added  (Read 10919 times)

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
 I decided to cut the grass today,after i got the mower out i checked the oil and fuel. I need gas so i walked back to the shed to get the gas can and found it empty.

I admit i was lazy and said to myself"undo the fuel line to the motor and use that for now".Instead of goin half mile down to gas station. No problem right? WRONG..

As im pumping the ball im lookin and thinkin that dont look right so i get a clear glass jar and filled it up... it is loaded with water...My tank was empty yesterday when we hit Atlantic highlands fuel dock. When we fueled up we had 1 gallon less then the max.

We have been through 3 tanks since the new one was put in same Sunoco gas station twice that ive been using for 20 years and atlantic highlands yesterday!!!

I called the harbour and spoke with some one and they said send a bill, reciept and they will look in to it.Also test the tanks. Which i find ok!

Well i guess i have to get this water out of the tank before it becomes troublesome.
 I figured i let you know in case you fillup there. Ill let you know what happens. rgmn

« Last Edit: August 15, 2011, 01:28:10 PM by offshore madness »
Why does it Matter to you? cause I could careless.........

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
Re: UPDATE on Atlantic highlands fuel has water in it i believe
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2011, 11:18:18 AM »
Well emptied the water/fuel filter and its loaded with a white sluge resting on the botton of the glass jar...it is white and looks gooie rgmn rgmn rgmn rgmn

Went down to sea the harbour master and the look on his face was priceless!!! nosmly He took all the info and my glass jar and will speak with the dock mananger on monday.WE will be there in person to sea what he says.We have only had the tank in for 3 weeks and filled it up at the harbour ONLY  have all the proof in paper form.

I now have to redone my tank install that we just did 3 weeks ago WTF i cant win God dammit rgmn rgmn rgmn rgmn.

I will be going after Atl.Highlands marina for the cost of the fuel $43.00 the cost of 4 fuel filters 4 bucks a shot,the labor for me to drain and clean the brand new tank we just got and for me to reinstall it. We will be down for a bit hopen this crap rain stops soon so i can get goin on this......NOT HAPPY NOT ONE BIT.

BEWARE IF YOU FUEL UP WITH REGULAR GAS AT THE HARBOR................................

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2011, 11:25:34 AM »
eekk..

Offline Bottom Dweller

• FISH HARD OR GET OUT OF THE BOAT
« Reply #3 on: August 14, 2011, 11:52:46 AM »
Not good! nosmly Good luck t^
You can't catch'em from the couch. Can ya?

Skipper of the Slowski

Offline Hunter 2

• RFA-NJ Member
  • Super Hero Member
  • 36' Topaz Express "Hallie Loren"
Re: UPDATE Atlantic highlands fuel has water in it . Picture added
« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2011, 08:32:29 PM »
 whs
Eddie "Hunter 2"
36' Topaz "Hallie Loren"    Charter boat sailing from Wagners Marina, Keyport NJ

Life is short, Fish Hard.

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2011, 08:28:33 PM »
So far we got our money back for the fuel t^...I put water zorb in tank when i found the water the other day t^.
 Pumped 1/2 the tank out rgmn, put 2 gallons of high test sunoco fuel in it grtn and ran it on the hose for over 2 hours! (no not all at once) nosmly every time i turned it off i emptied the filter. TT^

I also sprayed the 4 carbs with cleaner to not only help disapate the water but to help clean them! clp(sort of) nosmly.The tank is about 1/4 now so im gonna run her again tomarrow for a bit as there is no more sludge ??? just water(if thats any better) 5hrug

i did the smilie things to try and make it better.......didnt help me at all fcp

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2011, 05:42:08 PM »
We took her out with 11 gallons of 93 octane fuel along with 3-5 gallons of the fuel/water also took external tank just in case.

She started fine and idled like a champ.The first to times i put her in gear she spitted and stalled.Took off carb covers and with her in gear going out of port i sprayed her carbs down.
 Let it run at 1500 and once she cleared herself out i lowered the idle down a bit and she runs just as good as before!

I guess we caught it before it was to late! I think ill check my filters a little more often now till its all gas. Figured id let you know what happened in the end...... chrz

Offline Reckless

• AKA Frankeu
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2011, 05:48:58 PM »
How big is your tank?

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2011, 05:57:35 PM »
In the end we went with a 24  we also have a on deck 6.5 gallon which we burn off first,then tuck it up front.

When we found out about the water i over dosed the fuel with water zorb,changed the filter,and ran it for a while. Thats after we pumped out a bunch of the gas first.Also sprayed the carbs with cleaner a few times it ran just like it did,guess we got it just in time! It sure does pay to do maintance and check out ur entire boat every so often,It only takes a few extra minutes or it could end up costing you hundreds if not thousands later. slt chrz

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2011, 09:37:07 AM »
Glad to hear that you back up and running. I wonder how many engines have fell victim to the bad fuel from that marina, and if the owners have any clue to the actual cause? <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline FinItalia

« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2011, 05:12:11 PM »
I spoke with the gas dock supervisor and he showed me a copy of the moisture report that they take every day and it indicated zero water.  He also told me there have been no other complaints of water in the gas.

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #11 on: August 25, 2011, 08:08:35 PM »
I spoke with the gas dock supervisor and he showed me a copy of the moisture report that they take every day and it indicated zero water.  He also told me there have been no other complaints of water in the gas.

:headscra: Not sure I beleive it.  nosmly  <'((((><

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: August 25, 2011, 10:02:59 PM »

I can show you all the proof you need when i got the tank done, the sunoco fuel up, and the day we went to atl.highlands. I saw there computer read out also but they wouldnt stick the tank?  I wonder why?   4 people i know down there also spun off their filters and same thing as me and they keep their boats there.

Why would bill tell you that they have water in there fuel that makes them guilty!
   All im saying is i had a brand new fuel system,got gas on land sunoco (ive been going there for 20 years!) Used the boat All day long fueled up at atlantic highlands and went home then i found all this.

Im sure by now they got new fuel and changed their filters...Did you happen to look at the dates on that reading???????

Offline FinItalia

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2011, 06:49:13 AM »
I will not be getting gas there anymore!

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2011, 08:22:32 AM »
Altho im sure there fuel is better now I will NOT take that chance again going to that fuel dock.

P.s.2 people i know have made claims there because of water in there fuel, in their case, as with me they gladly gave us our money back me 42.xx my one friend 125.00 and the other just put his claim in yesterday 100.00. If theres no problem why are they giving us our money back?

People just dont give money back unless their guilty or are tring to hide some thing.....I would strongly advise everyone who gets gas there to just check your filters? It takes seconds or dont and break down out at sea...

Im just tring to inform you of what has happen to us so no one else has to deal with this.... chrz

Offline Regular Guy

« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2011, 09:15:47 PM »
Off shore madness is incorrect. There have been no other claims made about bad fuel at the A H  Marina. I checked

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2011, 11:46:55 PM »
 nosmly  Ok again do you really think their gonna tell every one they had this problem? If it was you would you tell every one???Didn't think so.... I can get my friends credit/debit card statement also with mine take a picture and post  it if you really want me to????

I don't care if any one believes me or not....I don't care what Atlantic Highlands marinas Harbour master Bill says or the gas pumpers for that matter....I can show you proof receipts, as a matter of fact look at my posts in the mechanical part of my fuel tank install.

A place like that don't just give money back and surely they don't what the hassle....I don't care where any one fills up their boat,I now launch out of there cause its way closer to the ocean.

All i was doing was letting people know what i can prove and what i was going through and maybe they did spin off their filters just to check.........But you know what they say..Opinions are like ass h*les ..every one got one! slt

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2011, 11:56:12 PM »
just gas up at kmb it has valvetech already in it i love there fuel!!
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline Offshore Madness

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: September 03, 2011, 12:02:43 AM »
just gas up at kmb it has valvetech already in it i love there fuel!!

I totally agree with you..We used to launch there because it was nice and easy and enough water to yank out the boat at low tide. But atl. highlands is wayyyy closer to the ocean more fuel to fish.I got gas there two times when we just had the three 6.5 above deck tanks not one problem....... clp

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2011, 10:42:12 AM »
Off shore madness is incorrect. There have been no other claims made about bad fuel at the A H  Marina. I checked

Offshore madness has provided proof of water in the fuel, including a photo, as well as a complete step by step of the new tank installation, prior to this fuel issue. He has offered to provide even more documentation, which is above and beyond what is required for any reasonable thinking boat owner to to heed his warning. Is there any relationship you have with the marina, I notice this is your first post?  :headscra:

Hats off to offshore madness for putting the word out there.  chrz Helping each other out is what we are about here at NJSWF.COM . t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-