Author Topic: Boat Names ?  (Read 12012 times)

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
Boat Names ?
« on: December 21, 2007, 10:07:36 PM »
Since I am getting cabin fever and I keep trying to think of something new to post to help keep everyones interest, how about....

How did you come up with the name of your boat and what does it mean?  Lets hear the history if there is one behind it.

Luna Sea....  Lunacy - meaning Crazy, lunatic, or more or less being a Sicilian.. .which is why I got stuck with the name. For years I was called crazy and a lunatic...  even though I calmed down quite a bit, the name has to stay for sentimental reasons...  It is very fitting since Luna means water, and Sea is self explanatory...

We sat down at 1pm on a Sunday for the Italian Family dinner, and during desert we were throwing names out there...  until we found one. I am on the 3rd generation of Luna Sea's which is why I am now the Luna Sea 3.
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Fishin Dude

• Super Hero Member
  • FISH CONTROL MY BRAIN
Re: Boat Names ?
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2007, 10:14:26 PM »
Still deciding on a final boat name. I've got 2 in mind, got to make up my mind soon so I can have the graphics by spring. <'((((><
I've spent most of my life fishing, the rest I've just wasted     <'((((><

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2007, 11:09:54 PM »
My present boat is the "Donna Marie"  named after the women I love TT^ bngh

It was her Mothers Day present 4 years ago hhppy hhppy hhppy hhppy t^ I still have not heard the end of that one.........took her out to dinner, after dinner she asked where is my Mothers Day present, I had just closed the deal the day before so I took her to the boat yard to get her present 5hrug :-* :-* :-*

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2007, 11:16:39 PM »
Irish Ayes.

Irish - Heritage
Ayes - Nautical Yes, Also Irish Yes.

Small spoof on Irish Eyes spelled with the A in Ayes to keep it nautical.

Bought her new, came home and told the wife, 'guess what I bought'.  She didn't even know I was looking for a boat at the time.
(Almost as bad as when I traded in HER car for a pickup truck)  rofla
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 21, 2007, 11:19:44 PM »
tooo funny... I bought my boat before I got married;... so no questions asked..

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline gagedylan

• http://www.myspace.com/husbandshatemeclub
    • facebook
« Reply #5 on: December 22, 2007, 07:54:24 AM »
not my boat, my father's....."THE RAGU'S" DONZI CC. my real pop died when i was 1. my mom re-married to a pollock(not the fish)  turned out to be a real nice guy. he called his two step-sons "big ragu" and "little ragu". i was the only one really intofishing, he thought of me when he named it.
25' Chris Craft Sea Hawk W/A with twin Suzuki 140 OB

Offline mboy

• The Funky Munky
« Reply #6 on: December 22, 2007, 08:14:35 AM »
Fishinfool and I started calling our son little munky (my grandfather use to cal us that whe we were little.

We came up with the name for ur family website/domain years ago (adding funky, because, well, we are funky).

When we bought the boat last year, it was only natural that we cled it the funkymunky.

My buddie's daughter is coming up with a logo for us. a 70's, pimped out,funkadelic munky to put on side of the boat :)

My father always named his boats after my mother or my sister.

Then when he had my other sister and no part of my mother or 1st sister, he named it the Princess.

Tough hailing people on the VHF and saying you are the Princess :)

Offline Duffman

« Reply #7 on: December 22, 2007, 09:58:17 AM »
Long Story....Years ago the wife and I (GF at the time) are watching late night TV. Flipping through the channels we see a broadcast of Sinatra in concert. He (Frank) mid song, looks down at a women in the front row and says "Hey there you kuku baby"
  For some stupid reason we laughed our asses off, made no sense to us but was funny as hell.  Bought our first boat a few years later. Told her, doing my best Sinatra impression, "hey kuku baby, name this here boat" and so it goes...

Offline Kevin

• Sponsor
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 12:23:17 AM »
well no boat yet, dads boat isnt named, but when i hopefully grow up and own my own charter, 38' henriques sportfish house/ charter boat. since im a Allman brothers band finatic i would like to name my boat after them, some of the way they got there names describes me, the song SOUTHBOUND,  BLUE SKY, RAMBLIN MAN, or the boat that turned me on to henriques a 38 henriques docked accross from us named SEA QUEST ever since then i wanted to name my boat that, and have the exact same boat, i fell in love with it!! oh ya and the angela rose was named after Anthonys sister thats all the boat naming hubbub, but still not decided i still got a long ways to go TT^

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 09:02:47 AM »
One step at a time Kevin.  If you keep working at it you will get it.   t^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 10:46:50 AM »
One step at a time Kevin.  If you keep working at it you will get it.   t^
whs

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline Kevin

• Sponsor
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 12:11:41 PM »
yeah lol i know im a little over my head sometimes, but its been a life long dream, and if i keep workin hard, maybe someday it will come, but ill keep ona wishin

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2007, 12:22:27 PM »
good things happen to those who work hard......ya got a long way to go, don't try and rush it..............

besides ya got a good guy your working for to look up? (well maybe not up rofla hhppy hhppy) to.......(a little joke, thud)

(sorry Ant-Knee) TT^

Offline Treebeard

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2007, 12:27:12 PM »
Cool subject! My old boat, an 18' Grumman Superfisherman w/ 120 I/O,  was called Scarface.. It was named after it was about 6 years old.. My bro' and I had been Striper fishing on the Hudson, out of Kingston NY during the spring run.. When we started in the afternoon there was misty rain coming down, and as is often the case in those conditions, once I got on fish, it was a mad-dog bite.. We stayed out until almost midnight.. On the way back in, I was running up the Rondout Creek ( which was a mistake in those conditions, ah the foolishness of youth) Un-beknownst to me, a barge had come into the creek while we where out and hip-moored to another barge at one of the shipyards.. It was sitting right at the edge of the channel... As luck would have it, an oncoming vessel forced me to that side, and suddenly the bow of this barge loomed out of the darkness over our heads! I cut the wheel hard to port, and got off the throttle, but we hit just as I was coming off plane.. Luckily due the the up-sloping bow of the barge, and the fact that I was dropping off plane, caused all the damage to be above water line, but we struck from the starboard side of the bow, to the console, which broke loose, crushing the sides,  from the gunwales flat down to the deck.. I was the last thing to hit the barge, and luckily I got knocked into the boat, and not out, as I had broken a few ribs, and was unconscious for a few seconds.. My brother was unscathed as all the impact was on my side, and I'm convinced that my large size helped keep me alive..If his 130# frame had hit with the same impact, I shudder to think of the consequences.. When I came to, I was amazed to realize that the boat was not sinking, and I was able to limp her back into the marina and get her tied up.. Many people looked at  the boat afterwards and said it was a goner.. But my buddy Phil, in NJ (a master welder) and other friends rallied to help, and pounded, rammed  and come-alonged it back into shape, and re-fabricated the gunwales. She forever foreward carried the scar, a ragged smile from the bow to the console, reminding me of the angel on my shoulder, and the foolishness of running too fast in the dark, regardless of how well I know the water.. Our new Scout which we got in late Aug. still remains nameless..The plan now is to have a boat naming party on New years eve when all the family gets together..We'll have a round table discussion, come up with candidates, and then  have a vote.. should be fun.. But Scarface II is out..bad Karma!

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #14 on: December 23, 2007, 12:33:22 PM »
Great story Dan,

I wish I had one that good.  A great read. TT^

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline CapBob

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #15 on: December 23, 2007, 12:37:33 PM »
Dan nice TT^

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 23, 2007, 03:24:36 PM »
nice story

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline PeggyLee

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: December 23, 2007, 04:40:32 PM »
Good Story and Your alive to tell it.
Named my present ride after my Wife and Mom.
Then I built them trolling rods with their names on the rods and gave it to THEM for Christmas.(of course the rods  were just what I needed).We had a good laugh.
Oh by the Way...
Bought my first boat with the gift money from my Wedding. Had a lot of explaining to do then also .... Stay Well, AJ

Offline gymrat987654321

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: December 23, 2007, 04:52:33 PM »
i dont have a boat but when i get one ill probably name it after my dad who taught me how to fish.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #19 on: December 23, 2007, 05:11:53 PM »
Do you think he will survive?   rofla rofla

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

Bill Chaser Charters

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-