Author Topic: The cost of not having a NJ saltwater license  (Read 53731 times)

Offline Kensdock

• Full Member of the Den
Re: The cost of not having a NJ saltwater license
« Reply #60 on: March 07, 2010, 07:34:51 PM »
What is your point here? Do you have a clear direction? This is not how you rally the troops! This is New Jersey!
My point,
Capt TB,
What I care about has nothing to do with the question. I am a reasonable person. When I am wrong, I have no problem admitting it! You should try it! You know or should know, the free registry bill you are pushing
has very little chance of ever passing. You should have acted in the best interest of the fishermen you represent and pushed a saltwater license bill. I am sure a saltwater license bill would have passed if everybody was working together.  If the US fish and wildlife and the other indicators Hutchjr mentioned are correct about the number of saltwater anglers, the people you represent lost money due to not having a NJ saltwater license. The rest of us lost a lot of good days of fishing.
An accurate count of NJ saltwater fishermen could have remove 700,000 theoretical anglers from the water.
How much did it cost the charter captain for a closed winter sea bass season?
How much did it cost the party boat owner for a closed fall flounder season? It is time to push personal egos to the side, and poll the membership before taking positions on issues such as a saltwater license.

The Cape May CO. Charter and Party boat  ass, voiced their support of a saltwater license at the NJMFC meeting.
The largest saltwater angler ass. in the united states supports a saltwater license.
The New Jersey Marine Fisheries council supports a saltwater license.
The New Jersey federation of sportsmen's clubs support a saltwater license.
All the polls I have seen, that have been taken after long debate on the issue, have favored a NJ saltwater license.

How many would have paid for CaptTB's 25 dollar NJ saltwater license for a chance of a winter sea bass season and a greatly increased flounder season?

« Last Edit: March 07, 2010, 07:48:48 PM by Kensdock »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #61 on: March 07, 2010, 07:53:42 PM »
Ken, what part of a free NJ saltwater fishing registration would meet every requirement of the mag/steve act do you not understand?

If the same can be done for free, why you anybody in their right mind want to pay? Oh, that might be the answer, you HAVE TO BE IN YOUR RIGHT MIND TO NOT WANT TO PAY.

The guys on this board have more than once expressed their displeasure with a saltwater fishing license. Check previous threads and you will see this.

Please come to your senses with this issue before it is too late.  nosmly
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline CaptTB

• SSFFF
  • Sponsor
« Reply #62 on: March 09, 2010, 07:01:05 AM »
What is your point here? Do you have a clear direction? This is not how you rally the troops! This is New Jersey!
My point,
Capt TB,
What I care about has nothing to do with the question. I am a reasonable person. When I am wrong, I have no problem admitting it! You should try it! You know or should know, the free registry bill you are pushing
has very little chance of ever passing. You should have acted in the best interest of the fishermen you represent and pushed a saltwater license bill. I am sure a saltwater license bill would have passed if everybody was working together.  If the US fish and wildlife and the other indicators Hutchjr mentioned are correct about the number of saltwater anglers, the people you represent lost money due to not having a NJ saltwater license. The rest of us lost a lot of good days of fishing.
An accurate count of NJ saltwater fishermen could have remove 700,000 theoretical anglers from the water.
How much did it cost the charter captain for a closed winter sea bass season?
How much did it cost the party boat owner for a closed fall flounder season? It is time to push personal egos to the side, and poll the membership before taking positions on issues such as a saltwater license.

The Cape May CO. Charter and Party boat  ass, voiced their support of a saltwater license at the NJMFC meeting.
The largest saltwater angler ass. in the united states supports a saltwater license.
The New Jersey Marine Fisheries council supports a saltwater license.
The New Jersey federation of sportsmen's clubs support a saltwater license.
All the polls I have seen, that have been taken after long debate on the issue, have favored a NJ saltwater license.

How many would have paid for CaptTB's 25 dollar NJ saltwater license for a chance of a winter sea bass season and a greatly increased flounder season?

Ken, first you might want to pay attention to whom you are quoting. The above quote you reference was not even mine!

Second, you do realize that if everyone was behind a FREE registry then it WOULD have a good chance of passing (by the way, the free registry bill in the House made it out of committee and onto the floor for a vote!!)

All the BS and fantasy you spout as being fact is just that, BS and Fantasy. Nevertheless, under your scenario everyone would have to pay money to get accurate angler numbers, and a potential drop in angler numbers that could have a positive effect on our regs.

Under my scenario (free registry) everyone would get THE EXACT SAME THINGS, except it WOULD NOT COST THEM ONE RED CENT!

And your way is better because why?  :headscra: :headscra:

Offline Kensdock

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #63 on: March 10, 2010, 07:39:19 PM »
First,the benefits of a saltwater license  are real! What has been accomplished for saltwater fishermen in the southern states through revenue raised via a saltwater license demands recognition.

TB,Are you aware as to what groups oppose a saltwater license?  Commercial fishing for sure. A good bet Green peace and peta. Why,they realize the political power in a group of 500,000 to 1.4 million saltwater anglers defined by a license will possess.

Nothing is free. You get what you pay for!

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 08:28:53 PM by Kensdock »

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #64 on: March 10, 2010, 07:49:05 PM »
A saltwater fishing registry CAN be free and will give the very same numbers that a paid for fishing license will provide. It doesn't get any clearer than that.

Southern states still have a closed season for sea bass just like we, without a license, do.

Further south has closed seasons also from the simple azz regulations. Little good a license did them.

A823 Requires DEP to establish free recreational saltwater fishing registry.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #65 on: March 10, 2010, 08:07:17 PM »

Offline Bucktail

• Just a Jig-alo
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Have jigs. Will travel.
    • NJ Saltwater Fishing Tackle

Offline NJ Guy

• AKA "Virgina Beach Guy"
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #67 on: March 10, 2010, 08:46:06 PM »
man this post is getting old  nts
270 AmberJack "Sweet Emocean"

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #68 on: March 10, 2010, 08:51:18 PM »
Can we move on please!! rgmn rgmn
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline CaptTB

• SSFFF
  • Sponsor
« Reply #69 on: March 10, 2010, 09:06:01 PM »
First,the benefits of a saltwater license  are real! What has been accomplished for saltwater fishermen in the southern states through revenue raised via a saltwater license demands recognition.
Sorry, but whomever told you that you had to PAY to be recognized also tried to sell you this really nice bridge for sale. You see, if I have a card that says I belong to a group of fishermen, I have been counted, and am therefore a KNOWN voting block. I don't pay to be registered as a republican, I do not pay to be registered as a democrat. My card is FREE. Your card COSTS MONEY. They both serve the EXACT SAME PURPOSE is providing a KNOWN UNIVERSE of anglers and...

wait for it.....

VOTERS!! Difference is Kenny boy, you were dumb enough to volunteer to pay for something you could have had for free!!!

But yes, those southern states have lots of great things.

Like closed season for sea bass.
Like closed season for Amberjack.
Like closed season for Red Snapper.
Like closed waters FROM NORTH CAROLINA TO FLORIDA for ALL BOTTOM FISHING.
 Yessirree! Those license fees did a whole lot for them uh huh! Yep, and they did not even hold onto their license fees!!! VA governor took hundreds of thousands out of their license fees! Look it up Kenny, it is public record. Oh, and they did not lose ONE RED CENT of federal matching funds. Sorry, nice try with the whole BS "protected funds" line.

NY lost over 3 MILLION dollars in funding from the state, cause now they have a license that generates same. So, in the end, they gained ZERO DOLLARS!! Except, fishermen get to pay more anyway!!!

Oh and the lifetime license from NY??? Money does NOT go into fisheries fund, sorry, only yearly license sales. Buy for life, money wasted!!!!

Shall we go on?

Please, let's!!

TB,Are you aware as to what groups oppose a saltwater license?  Commercial fishing for sure.
WRONG!!
Had you actually ever been involved in ANY fisheries management whatsoever you would know that the commercial sector as a whole has been pushing for both licensing of, and subsequent limited entry of the recreational sector FOR YEARS!! Look it up kenny boy, it is in the administrative record for at LEAST the past decade in the Mid Atlantic and New England. You really have no clue what you are talking about! I SAT AT THE TABLE while commercial interests have pushed for a license mandate. Where were you????

A good bet Green peace and peta. Why,they realize the political power in a group of 500,000 to 1.4 million saltwater anglers defined by a license will possess.

See above.

I got a better one...
"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Obviously the original author of that quote knew you personally. rofla

Offline Capt -Jerry P

• Sponsor
  • Super Hero Member
    • Fish Monger
« Reply #70 on: March 10, 2010, 09:16:32 PM »
Man Capt Tb can whip out some wicked good responses!!!

;D clp

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #71 on: March 10, 2010, 09:23:35 PM »
 clp Capt Bogan is the man!

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #72 on: March 10, 2010, 09:23:52 PM »
I am Sorry Capt.Tony.. that you have to waste so much effort on this.. :-\

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #73 on: March 10, 2010, 09:49:45 PM »
 I do not pay to be registered as a democrat. My card is FREE.

Capt TB your post almost made me teary  eye. I will have a Barney Frank poster sent  To the office  lol

« Last Edit: March 10, 2010, 11:56:50 PM by Capt. Birch »

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #74 on: March 10, 2010, 11:43:07 PM »
 thud

nosmly

slt

Offline Jeffish

« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2010, 08:37:23 AM »
 5hrug

Offline CaptTB

• SSFFF
  • Sponsor
« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2010, 10:13:27 AM »
 I do not pay to be registered as a democrat. My card is FREE.

Capt TB your post almost made me teary  eye. I will have a Barney Frank poster sent  To the office  lol

Hey hey HHHHEEEEYYYYYYY!!!

You left out the first part that said "I don't pay to be registered as a republican"!!!!

Sound bite! ;D

Offline Kensdock

• Full Member of the Den
« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2010, 06:30:21 PM »
Sorry, but whomever told you that you had to PAY to be recognized also tried to sell you this really nice bridge for sale. You see, if I have a card that says I belong to a group of fishermen, I have been counted, and am therefore a KNOWN voting block. I don't pay to be registered as a republican, I do not pay to be registered as a democrat. My card is FREE. Your card COSTS MONEY. They both serve the EXACT SAME PURPOSE is providing a KNOWN UNIVERSE of anglers and...

wait for it.....

VOTERS!! Difference is Kenny boy, you were dumb enough to volunteer to pay for something you could have had for free!!!

But yes, those southern states have lots of great things.

Like closed season for sea bass.
Like closed season for Amberjack.
Like closed season for Red Snapper.
Like closed waters FROM NORTH CAROLINA TO FLORIDA for ALL BOTTOM FISHING.
 Yessirree! Those license fees did a whole lot for them uh huh! Yep, and they did not even hold onto their license fees!!! VA governor took hundreds of thousands out of their license fees! Look it up Kenny, it is public record. Oh, and they did not lose ONE RED CENT of federal matching funds. Sorry, nice try with the whole BS "protected funds" line.

NY lost over 3 MILLION dollars in funding from the state, cause now they have a license that generates same. So, in the end, they gained ZERO DOLLARS!! Except, fishermen get to pay more anyway!!!

Oh and the lifetime license from NY??? Money does NOT go into fisheries fund, sorry, only yearly license sales. Buy for life, money wasted!!!!

Shall we go on?

Please, let's!!

TB,Are you aware as to what groups oppose a saltwater license?  Commercial fishing for sure.
WRONG!!
Had you actually ever been involved in ANY fisheries management whatsoever you would know that the commercial sector as a whole has been pushing for both licensing of, and subsequent limited entry of the recreational sector FOR YEARS!! Look it up kenny boy, it is in the administrative record for at LEAST the past decade in the Mid Atlantic and New England. You really have no clue what you are talking about! I SAT AT THE TABLE while commercial interests have pushed for a license mandate. Where were you????

A good bet Green peace and peta. Why,they realize the political power in a group of 500,000 to 1.4 million saltwater anglers defined by a license will possess.

See above.

I got a better one...
"A fool and his money are soon parted."

Obviously the original author of that quote knew you personally. rofla
Jerry Schull, Executive Director of North Carolina Fisheries Association has been leading the fight against  a saltwater license: He was quoted in the November 2003 issue of National Fisherman as saying, "Look what happened in other states. In some states you have got game fish status. In other states gill net bans. In Florida, they got the ultimate: a commercial net ban."
Why does the commercial fishing industry oppose a salt water license?

The commercial fishing industry has been the only paying user group in fisheries management in New Jersey.  Pay to play is alive and well here in the Garden State. They realize what they will be up against if  a saltwater license is approved; a revenue generating, unified, politically powerful constituency of recreational anglers that will change the way of fisheries management in NJ.

Obviously, you have not spent much time fishing in Florida or Texas  as I am sure you would realize the benefits of a saltwater license.

Take a look at what can be accomplished with investing money in our saltwater fish stocks http://www.joincca.org/Accomplishments.html

The closed sea bass season and others are in Federal waters and have nothing to do with a state fishing license.

Capt.TB Whose side are you on?
Most recreational anglers support a saltwater license according to the polls that have been  taken after long debate on the subject. Taking into consideration precision and bias, the accuracy of the polls are excellent.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 07:05:44 PM by Kensdock »

Offline nascarwarren

« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2010, 07:32:36 PM »
Also, A magazine I was reading from the Phila. Boat Show had a article in it that stated that the saltwater license fees will be available for anything the government wants since it is a federal issue. It may be free this year but i think the only reason they want you to register is so that the gov. can see what kind of income they can generate next year. cfzd thud

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #79 on: March 11, 2010, 09:02:31 PM »
Supposedly, the fee for next year will be dictated by how many register this year. They will take the total expense and divide it by the number of registered anglers and that will be the fee. I read that somewhere but can't remember where  :headscra: or I would post it.

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-