Author Topic: The cost of not having a NJ saltwater license  (Read 53718 times)

Offline njdiver

Re: The cost of not having a NJ saltwater license
« Reply #80 on: March 11, 2010, 09:41:40 PM »
Supposedly, the fee for next year will be dictated by how many register this year. They will take the total expense and divide it by the number of registered anglers and that will be the fee. I read that somewhere but can't remember where  :headscra: or I would post it.
Is this what you read?

There is no ceiling to what we might have to pay:

8. Is there a fee to register?
There is no fee to register in 2010. A fee will be required as of January 1, 2011.

9. How much will registration cost in 2011?
The fee for registering in 2011 has not been established yet, but NOAA estimates it will cost between $15 and $25.

10. How will the fee be determined?
According to Federal law, the registration fee will be calculated based on the cost to administer the program. That means that NOAA will look at the total amount of money it takes to run the registry, and divide that by the anticipated number of people registering. In other words, if the program costs $25,000 to operate and 1,000 people were registering, the fee would be $25 per angler.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/faq_registry.htmlhttps://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/faq_registry.html

PART 600-MAGNUSON-STEVENS ACT PROVISIONS
Subpart P--Marine Recreational Fisheries of the United States

ยง 600.1410 Registry process.

(f) Fees. Effective January 1, 2011, persons registering with NMFS must pay an annual fee. The annual schedule for such fees will be published in the Federal Register. Indigenous people engaging in angling or spear fishing must register, but are not required to pay a fee.

https://www.countmyfish.noaa.gov/abo...Final_Rule.pdf

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #81 on: March 11, 2010, 09:52:59 PM »
That is pretty much what I read NJDiver. The anticipated number of people registering will come from the previous year's registry.

So, I think we are saying the same thing here, correct?
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #82 on: March 11, 2010, 10:12:23 PM »
Obviously, you have not spent much time fishing in Florida or Texas  as I am sure you would realize the benefits of a saltwater license.

This is NJ...everything is different and what works in one state, doesn't have to work in another

Take a look at what can be accomplished with investing money in our saltwater fish stocks http://www.joincca.org/Accomplishments.html

How does my SWL Fee go towards the CCA  I though that is why I would join as a member and pay dues?  They were so concerned, they didn't even show up at the Rally in DC last month!

The closed sea bass season and others are in Federal waters and have nothing to do with a state fishing license.

Make up your mind...in previous posts you stated a SWL would have kept head and charter boats from being docked this Fall.  Which is it?

Capt.TB Whose side are you on?
Most recreational anglers support a saltwater license according to the polls that have been  taken after long debate on the subject. Taking into consideration precision and bias, the accuracy of the polls are excellent.

I wish you could show me some of these polls and the statistics and questions asked.  So far, I have found ONE(1) Poll on your website with less than 70 people who voted...not compelling enough for me.  I guess they didn't poll the right people either b/c I would say that most of the people on this site are a BIG NO.

...And here is my quote from another post:
TB,You have no idea of what I know or do not know about commercial fishing. What you should know is that regulators routinely take enforceability into consideration.

OK...I am not trying to be mean or nasty, like I have stated before.  ...But, if you know more or have more knowledge of regulations and fisheries how come you don't share this.  Everything is so secretive with you and all of your posts are 99% propaganda with no basis on facts!  They come off very ignorant and insincere.  Opinions are like @$$holes, everyone has one, some are cleaner than others and some spew more effin $*@! than others...yours seems to spew non stop.  I think, I can speak for all of the other members here, who are very, very good people, excellent and knowledgeable fishermen/women, who have no problem having a healthy argument, yet giving you the shirt off their back if you needed it, WE ARE SICK AND TIRED OF READING THE SAME THING OVER AND OVER AGAIN!  WE GET IT...you want a saltwater license.  That is your choice and your opinion and if you believe this is best then stick with that.  You are certainly not winning over others here with your half @ss campaign and propaganda.

Now, with that being said, how about posting some fishing information and joining this great community for what it is...the real reason we are all here.  I think if you join us this way, you will see the knowledge and expertise of the people here and we will see yours as well.  I don't doubt that you are a passionate, experienced and talented fisherman...so contribute to the positives and leave the argumentative stuff for the politicians!

TT^

Offline CaptTB

• SSFFF
  • Sponsor
« Reply #83 on: March 11, 2010, 10:26:10 PM »
Jerry Schull, Executive Director of North Carolina Fisheries Association has been leading the fight against  a saltwater license: He was quoted in the November 2003 issue of National Fisherman as saying, "Look what happened in other states. In some states you have got game fish status. In other states gill net bans. In Florida, they got the ultimate: a commercial net ban."
Oh Kenny Kenny Kenny boy, you need to do something more than look crap up on the internet, you are not very good at that either, but the internet cannot replace real world experience.

First off, Jerry SCHILL (not schull) has not been the head of NCFA since 2005 when he stepped down (I dealt with Jerry at several MAFMC meetings, did you?)

Second, that is a guy that represented (past tense) ONE commercial organization from ONE state. But, apparently in your mind that means all, everywhere, everytime nts

In addition, I have FAMILY that has lived AND RUN BOATS in Florida for DECADES, and they will be the FIRST ONES to tell you that a license did NOT get them a net ban. However, I digress, since I have been going to Florida for 41 years of my 41 year life and have family there, have owned property there and STILL have family members that live AND RUN BOATS there, I think I can speak about Florida as well if not better than you, but nice try anyway.

Why does the commercial fishing industry oppose a salt water license?
They do not. Some individuals or groups might, but not all, not even most. As I said, you have ZERO first hand experience dealing with this issue, whereas I have actually lived it and debated it. Sat there, AT THE TABLE (which you were not at) and HEARD WITH MY OWN EARS the commercial representatives wanting us to be licensed and limited entry, JUST LIKE THEM.

Reading old articles on the internet about one guy from one organization 4 states away hardly qualifies as "the commercial industry" Ken, but you keep on believing rgmn

The closed sea bass season and others are in Federal waters and have nothing to do with a state fishing license.

Wrong again Kenny boy, you really suck at this don't ya? fcp

Know what the ONLY STATE to vote to close Sea Bass in STATE WATERS was at the ASMFC?

North Carolina.
But you are right, it was a federal closure. And guess what Kenny boy, the salt water license in all those states that have them COULDN"T MAKE A DAMN BIT OF DIFFERENCE!! They have the closures same as us, except WE DID NOT HAVE TO PAY FOR THE privilege OF HAVING OUR FISHERIES CLOSED!!

Capt.TB Whose side are you on?
The side of rational, well reasoned thought, and not unsupported, un substantiated nonsense like the kind your spew, based on nothing more than google searches.

Most recreational anglers support a saltwater license according to the polls that have been  taken after long debate on the subject.
Lie. Your polls are a JOKE since they did NOT have all the options listed, get a life Kenny boy, this is really getting boring. Show everyone your poll, it was a total scam.

Taking into consideration precision and bias, the accuracy of the polls are excellent.
Really? Did you have your poll statistically validated by a professional polling service?

I challenge the validity of your statements.

Prove it. I can back up every statement I made with 100% verifiable facts. Nothing I have said is not in the public record.

You, sir, cannot say the same. Show me your calculation for precision and bias in your polls. Show the FACTS that support your ASSumptions. Please list the company that verified your poll results as being statistically valid or even the statistician who designed the poll or even verified the validity of your poll based on the actual topic and options that were available to the public at the time the poll was taken.

Yeah, I though as much nts
« Last Edit: March 11, 2010, 10:30:19 PM by CaptTB »

Offline njdiver

« Reply #84 on: March 14, 2010, 09:19:26 AM »
Quote from: Kensdock
Take a look at what can be accomplished with investing money in our saltwater fish stocks http://www.joincca.org/Accomplishments.html

Check the achievements of the saltwater angler group CCA that support a saltwater license. I am sure after reading what they have done for saltwater fishermen and saltwater fish stocks their opinion will at lest get your attention. http://www.joincca.org/Accomplishments.html

CCA the largest angler ass. {100,000} members on the east coast support a saltwater license

All from an organization like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6THD4oySILU&feature=relatedhttp://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6THD4oySILU&feature=related

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #85 on: March 14, 2010, 09:46:08 AM »
Just for the record...

Kensdock.. is no longer with us.

Offline Jeffish

« Reply #86 on: March 14, 2010, 10:54:38 AM »
 clp

I'm sorry TB. I really am.

Offline brian8980

• The Gimper
« Reply #87 on: March 14, 2010, 11:07:45 AM »
Thanks God... This issue with this licene thing should have been over after the second page... Just curious, did he leave or did we kick him off  smk.
Either way I think it is for the best.  ;D

Gimper
The trouble with fishing is it was better before you got there, and after you left.
When in doubt...exaggerate

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #88 on: March 14, 2010, 11:33:59 AM »
We removed him.........

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #89 on: March 14, 2010, 11:55:13 AM »
His license expired and got revoked.  ;D

Offline wb

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #90 on: March 14, 2010, 01:17:23 PM »
someone like him will just register under a new name like kens$0ck (keepin it clean)

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #91 on: March 14, 2010, 01:34:27 PM »
Nah.. it's not that simple..

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #92 on: March 14, 2010, 02:35:03 PM »

Offline Tacklebox Joe

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #93 on: March 14, 2010, 05:06:29 PM »

Offline bugmannj

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #94 on: March 14, 2010, 05:46:34 PM »
 whs Glad He's gone. TT^
Good things come to those who bait

Builds and repairs rods if needed

Offline Capt. Mike

• Super Hero Member
    • Reel Time Sport Fishing
« Reply #95 on: March 14, 2010, 06:33:35 PM »
His license expired and got revoked.  ;D
rofla

Offline Capt. Birch

• Sponsor
    • Fishguts Charters
« Reply #96 on: March 14, 2010, 07:10:08 PM »
IMHO.    Since this is a private forum ,mods can
make the TOS and do as they want . This is not America this is a web site. That being said Although I did not agree with Kensdock  he did present info (much discredited) to support his stance and opinions, and I do not believe he was rude or theatened anyone. He just had an opinion and did a fair job of trying to get the last word.....hence this thread not dieing on the vine. I am sure Kens view is shared by many other fisherman ( no matter if I think it's right or wrong). Will I be next if I disagree with anyone? Rod has a wonderful site here and I am proud to be a member and be among friends( even though we may have differentt politcal view) I truely believe If I was in need you guys would be there and I would do the same . This post is in no way meant to question Rods decisions on this site(it is his house and I am just a guest but I may do a little cut and paste the next time someone talks freedom or not having thier viove heard........rant is over let get back to the fishin

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #97 on: March 14, 2010, 07:20:20 PM »
Kensdock was not released because of his opinion. Ken was released because he continued to push his agenda and had nothing to offer to defend his opinion. Now this is the important part...He continuously posted wrong information and when shown that it was wrong STILL posted the same wrong information.

Debate is good, as long as each side gives VALID information. When someone continues to provide false and misleading information that must be stopped.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #98 on: March 14, 2010, 07:50:28 PM »
No Worries Brother Birch.. t^  Joe did hit the nail on the head..

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #99 on: March 14, 2010, 07:55:54 PM »
Capt Birch, just an FYI...what I posted above was not directed at you, it was so everyone knows why the action was taken.  t^

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

rfasig.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-