Author Topic: Fellow Fisherman Needs Help : Child Abduction  (Read 45664 times)

Offline irenegade

Fellow Fisherman Needs Help : Child Abduction
« on: September 24, 2008, 07:49:02 PM »
Hi everyone,
I'm a relatively new member of NJSWF, and a newbie to striper fishing (BTW so  far Fish-7  Jeff-0 ), and I appreciated the welcome and advice I've experienced here! On my fishing forum up here in Long Island, I found out about the situation described below.  Could you take the time to read this(kind of long-with links), and take any action you are up for as soon as possible? If possible, please spread this message/info as much as you can.  Time is of the essence.  The following is written by the administrator of a forum from Montauk, LI and reprinted and distributed with permission.
Thanks!   slt
Jeff
-----------------------------------------------
Last week the international child abduction case of Sean Goldman, the son of David Goldman of Shore Catch Guide Service here in NJ was made public on WABC TV New York (video). On Wednesday the 24th, the story is going national on NBC's Today Show.

While I do not know all the details of this case, I do know David, he is a good friend who has spent every cent he has earned over the last four years paying lawyers here in the US and in Brazil to get his son home. Off the record, I was told by a mutual friend that the situation had become so bad that on a trip to Brazil he was told that it would not be good for his health if he ever returned! In spite of that blatant threat he has never given up.

The case took a sudden and tragic turn recently when his ex-wife died during child birth in Brazil. Now her new husband is demanding custody of David's son.

On Sunday night a small group of David's friends decided that the best and most proactive way we could help David was to put up a web site to coincide with the Today Show feature. Everyone started working on that immediately, I am the "webmaster/editor" and the site is being hosted on my server.

The URL is http://www.bringseanhome.org. Due to some configuration issues with my provider, WestHost, Inc. I am late in getting the URL spread across the internet. You should be able to connect to the URL this afternoon but if not try http://208.131.156.143 - that works!

As you will see it's work in progress but the site along with a Wordpress blog will be finished tonight so we'll be ready on Wednesday when the story goes national on the Today Show.

Right now if you view the video of the WABC TV's report last week it will help answer most of your questions.
http://abclocal.go.com/wabc/video?id=6393806

A PDF file of the official 2004 NJ Superior Court order directing that Sean be returned home is on the server already.
http://www.bringseanhome.org/USOrder.pdf

Between us we have tens of thousands of clients, most of which are working when the Today Show airs or are online debating which rod and reel to buy or where the bass may be today. If each of you would post a message about the case and a link to www.bringseanhome.com on your message bards we have the potential to raise a substantial amount of money to help David gets his son back. Just as important, one of our clients might have the right "connections" to personally address one of the people listed on the How To Help page. At the very least we can flood Washington and Brazil with emails and faxes.

If you visit the URL you will note an explanation about the PayPal donation process. For the time being these monies will be routed through Shore Catch Guide Service's PayPal account. That is the only and fastest way at this time. If you know Shore Catch's Jim Freda, Gene Quigley or Shell E. Caris you know they are men of unimpeachable trust and honesty. If any of your readers question the process please assure them that this is not a scam.

If you or any of readers have questions please feel free to call me at: 732-297-5656 or

Mark DeAngelis: marktdus@yahoo.com or bringseanhome@yahoo.com
Jim Freda: 732-528-9307 jimfreda@optonline.net
Gene Quigley: Flyfishcharters@aol.com
Anthony Rizzuto, AVR Consulting: 732-450-8630 arizzuto@avrconsulting.com
Tim White: Timothy.White@gsocap.com

-----------------------------
A MESSAGE FROM DAVID GOLDMAN (THE FATHER IN HIS OWN WORDS)

I, David Goldman, married Bruna Bianchi Caneiro Ribeiro in Eatontown, New Jersey, USA, on
December 17, 1999. We had a son, Sean Goldman, born in Red Bank, NJ on May 25, 2000. On
June 16, 2004, I drove Bruna, Sean and Bruna’s parents to Newark Airport for a planned 2-week
vacation to her parent’s home in Brazil. Bruna arrived in Brazil and called me that day to tell me
our marriage was over, she and Sean were not returning to the US, and if I ever wanted contact
with my son again, I would have to sign custody over to her. I have never signed any papers
granting Bruna custody of our son, Sean.
Prior to Bruna’s (with the aid of her parents) decision to permanently remove Sean from our home
and my life, without my consent, the three of us were living as a family in Tinton Falls, NJ USA.
Prior to Sean’s “abduction”, I was under the impression that our home-life was happy and typical
of any American family’s. Even since the date of Sean’s abduction, Bruna made no allegations to
the contrary, and this is documented in the court records in Brazil and the United States.
I have been fighting in the Brazilian courts under The Hague Treaty for 4+ years. All counts of
the law under The Hague Treaty as well as Brazilian, US and international law are clear and
documented in court records in Brazil and the US that Sean was and still is being retained
illegally and should be returned to the US. The Brazilian courts have ignored these orders as well
as The Hague law and have continually ruled that Sean belonged with his mother and the mother
is the most important bond. They have ruled as if it were a simple custody case, where the
mother always gets the child. During the past 4+ years, I have made many trips to Brazil in the
hope of being reunited with my son. I have been present for all rulings rendered by Brazilian
courts, yet have never been permitted to see Sean. At the Superior Court level in Brazil, Bruna
was awarded custody by a panel of 5 judges. 3 judges ruled in favor of Bruna, while 2 voted in
favor of me.
Although Bruna and I are still legally married in the United States, Bruna obtained a divorce in the
eyes of Brazil (without my presence or knowledge). It is my understanding that Bruna became
pregnant and remarried in Brazil within the past year. Bruna married a Jaoa Paulo Lins e Silva,
an attorney in Brazil. He works for his father’s law firm, and they are a very prominent Brazilian
family from what we can tell from internet searches and other sources. The irony of it all is that
both Jaoa Paulo and his father concentrate on “Family Law”, particularly international Family
Law. His father, Paulo Lins e Silva, has even spoken at The Hague regarding child abduction.
On August 22, 2008, Bruna tragically passed away during childbirth. I was not informed of her
death by her parents, nor by her new Brazilian husband. I found out only through the research of
friends in the U.S. Since I am his biological father, and the only other person with a reasonable
claim to custody, I assumed that I would be reunited with Sean and return him to our home in the
U.S. I immediately contacted my Brazilian counsel Ricardo Zamariola Junior 011-55-
1182771001. I also contacted my lawyer in the States, Patricia Apy Esq. 732-219-9000 Red
Bank, Monmouth county NJ. Both attorneys advised me to travel to Brazil as soon as possible. I
traveled to Sao Paulo on Delta flight 121, which arrived in Sao Paulo at approximately 9:40 am 7
September 2008. I traveled to to Brazil with my mother Eleanor Goldman and our family friend,
Anthony Rizzuto. Since learning of Bruna's passing, all attempts to directly contact Sean or
Bruna's family in Brazil have failed. Through my attorney in Brazil, I attempted to set up visitation
with Sean. Via response by their Brazilian counsel, Bruna's Brazilian husband and parents have
denied any contact between Sean and myself or his paternal grandmother.
I have been told by both attorneys that I "should" be able to see and regain custody of Sean.
However, nothing in this case has ever gone as it "should" under Brazilian and/or international
law. Worse still, recent events in Brazil have given us greater cause for concern and have
reinforced our beliefs that the corruption / bias in Brazilian legal system could prevent justice from
ever being served. Soon after our arrival in Sao Paulo, we learned that Bruna's Brazilian
husband did not file for custody of Sean. Instead, he filed to replace me (his biological father) on
a birth certificate issued for Sean in Brazil. My lawyer has stated this is clearly an invalid
application of Brazilian law. However, the only assurance he could provide regarding the
potential outcome of this action was that it "should" not be successful.
I am engaged in a battle to regain custody of my son, who needs me more now than ever.
Unfortunately, I am fighting against people with substantial influence at high levels in the Brazilian
judiciary system, government and media. It is imperative for my success that I have high level
support within the government and media of my own country. I need this now more then ever. I
find it impossible to believe that the United States will passively allow the child of a U.S. citizen to
be abducted and naturalized to another country.
So now after four years of trying desperately to be with my son, I find myself sitting in a hotel
room in Sao Paulo since September 7, hoping and praying to reunited with my son, ready to bring
him home and resume our life as father and son. We have much healing to do. I have never lost
hope the day would come for us to be together again. I will never give up, but I need help.
David Goldman
gdgoldie@aol.com
Mobile: 732-489-1075
Sao Paulo Hotel: 011 5511 3146 5966, Room 1713
« Last Edit: March 16, 2009, 06:03:57 AM by Hotrod »
One day I'll have a photo of me and my 1st Striper up instead of this cat.

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
Re: Fellow Fisherman Needs Help : Child Abduction
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 08:02:39 PM »
Wow...  What a story.  I hope it works out for him

Offline Hotrod

• Administrator
  • Super Hero Member
  • The Phyllis Ann
    • NJ Outdoords Media
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2008, 09:31:08 PM »
Watch this video..
http://208.131.156.143/

this is no Joke

This is F'D up!!..

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
  • Happiness is long casts, tight lines & bent rods
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2008, 11:46:31 PM »
WOW, Damn that is just not right.

Why can't one of our esteemed Senators or Congress men get involved with this?
IN GOD WE TRUST

"Hypocrisy is not a fault these days - it is a lifestyle"

NJBBA: 4567

Ham Call; N2HYG Monitor RPT.  146.835

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #4 on: September 25, 2008, 12:49:17 AM »
That is really messed up!  How come no one can help this guy.  No one in the police department of his local town, the State Police, the FBI or any politicians??  Pretty messed up how our governments don't stand behind us!  He certainly has the right approach and attitude to just try and get it done himself.  Good luck to him!

You know if this was the other way around and dad fled to the US, the government would turn him over in a heart beat.  Our government would also turn him over if he ever breaks any laws getting his son back now!  Really screwed up and one more reason that I have a "vote of no confidence" for our current government and politicians nosmly!

>:( 5hrug

Offline Last Call

« Reply #5 on: September 25, 2008, 07:02:16 AM »
What a shame.
LAST CALL

Farewell and adieu to you fair Spanish ladies,....
Farewell and adieu to you ladies of Spain,....
For we've received orders for to sail back to Boston,....
And so nevermore shall we be seeing you again.

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2008, 08:37:54 AM »
1st off thanks for posting this !

Capt David Goldman is a great guy !

When I read the article yesterday afternoon & watched the video on MSN.COM I had tears in my eye's.

I plan on reaching out to David in the next day or so.

« Last Edit: September 25, 2008, 08:46:33 AM by Art Berkman »

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2008, 08:59:44 AM »
Art, when you do, see if thee is anything or anyone we can target to start a letter campaign on his behalf.  I know it is not much but if we can spend a little time and effort maybe we can shake the trees a little.

Paul
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2008, 09:05:51 AM »
Art, when you do, see if thee is anything or anyone we can target to start a letter campaign on his behalf.  I know it is not much but if we can spend a little time and effort maybe we can shake the trees a little.

Paul

Paul

I just emailed Gene Quigley and I am hoping to hear back from him.

Will let you know.

Offline IrishAyes

• Fishing At It's Finest
  • Admin
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2008, 09:08:32 AM »
Here are some people and addresses to write.

http://www.bringseanhome.org/help.html
Captain Joe of the Irish Ayes

May the holes in your net be no larger than the fish in it.  ~Irish Blessing

Offline ped579

• NJSF Field Reporter
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 09:35:55 AM »
 t^ grtn
IN GOD WE TRUST

Offline irenegade

« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 09:51:13 AM »
Thanks for posting the politician contact link, Capt. Joe!  The story,video, and contact info is on the website:

http://www.bringseanhome.org

I paypaled my donation already to help defray Capt. Dave's enormous costs.  The problem with the gov't intervention is politics, Brazil is depended upon for a bunch of political reasons. Publicizing this story and EMing our local politicians will keep the pressure on our Gov't to pressure Brazil to do the right thing.  Anyone have any connections with McCain or Obama?  Feel free to cut and paste my original message to spread the word!  Maybe we can help make a difference.  Thanks everyone!
Jeff

Offline Luna Sea 5

• Admin
  • Super Hero Member
  • Nick (Luna Sea 5)
    • My Facebook Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 10:04:37 AM »
very sad..
Fish out of Toms River NJ.
Call Nick for open boat, 973-417-5756, or on Channel 68.

Team Luna Sea 6

Offline pilot2550

• Super Hero Member
  • Z'Obsession
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2008, 10:27:27 AM »
Just sent letters off to Senators Lautenberg and Menendez. 

This guy needs help!  Unbelievable. Put yourself in his shoes.

Offline Art Berkman

• Super Hero Member
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2008, 10:30:15 AM »
Thanks for posting the politician contact link, Capt. Joe!  The story,video, and contact info is on the website:

http://www.bringseanhome.org

I paypaled my donation already to help defray Capt. Dave's enormous costs.  The problem with the gov't intervention is politics, Brazil is depended upon for a bunch of political reasons. Publicizing this story and EMing our local politicians will keep the pressure on our Gov't to pressure Brazil to do the right thing.  Anyone have any connections with McCain or Obama?  Feel free to cut and paste my original message to spread the word!  Maybe we can help make a difference.  Thanks everyone!
Jeff

Jeff I tried contacting you via the # you posted but it went to voice mail & it was Bob D #.I wanted to let you know I copied & pasted this on another site.

Regards,

Art Berkman

Offline irenegade

« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2008, 11:31:53 AM »
Thanks Art,
I should have mentioned that this was originally from bob d. via Montauk Pete from my Montauk group.
Thanks everyone for firing off those letters/EM's, and spreading the word.
Hopefully Paul, you'll get an update from Gene Q., and can advise us on this thread!
Jeff

Offline dikdanger

« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2008, 05:42:21 PM »
this man definitely has my prayers and petitions... God Bless him and his son... may they reunite soon..
Fishey Fishey in the bay... Come and bite my Hook TODAY !!!

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2008, 05:04:02 PM »
Anyone know if they are doing any type of fundraising...which at the same time will educate more people, get more support and put some pressure on the politicians and government??

I was thinking something along the lines of window stickers or buttons like they did for the summer flounder!

???

Offline Pfishingruven

• P-Man
  • Super Hero Member
« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 05:18:58 PM »
I also passed the information along to one of the NJ Freshwater Fishing Forums...anything to help spread the word!

TT^

Offline irenegade

« Reply #19 on: September 28, 2008, 03:21:52 PM »
On the Montauk group where I first learned of this situation, an auction was started with Kimber donating 4 of his plugs.  I'm sure other auctions/raffles will be popping up as the word gets out.  Keep those letters/EMs coming!

http://www.bringseanhome.org/

Thanks!
Jeff

NJSFlogofinal1

BSX

terrafin

Heavy Duty truck Parts On Line

Web Site Design

JSBSE_430x80.png

Know Before You Go

Local Weather | Marine Bouy Weather | Inshore Forecast | Offshore Forecast | Interactive Wind Charts | Tide Charts | Sea Surface Temps | Chlorophyll Concentrates | Online Chart Viewer

-

new jersey marine weather forecastterrafin

-